The mission of the Quivira Coalition is to build resilience by fostering ecological,economic and social health on western landscapes through education, collaboration, and progressive public and private land stewardship.
As an organization, we work to build resilience by:
(1) improving land health;
(2) disseminating knowledge and innovation;
(3) increasing local capacity;
(4) encouraging 'conservation with a business plan'; and
(5) strengthening diverse relationships.
To accomplish this goal we have three Program Areas:
(1) Education & Outreach;
(2) Land & Water; and
(3) Capacity Building & Mentoring.
The specifics of each Program Area can be found on our web site.
The Annual Conference, which regularly draws over five hundred people has become a successful forum for a ‘radical center’ of ranchers, conservationists, public land managers and members of the public.