Embudo Valley Tutoring Association
The mission of the Embudo Valley Tutoring Association
9aka Rio Grande Tutoring} is to
*provide free tutoring support to children in financial need in an area where the child poverty rate hovers close to 30%.
*provide tutoring to all children requesting support on a sliding fee scale, based on financial need.
*strengthen the quality of education by providing trained tutors to schools and programs between Taos and Velarde, preference being given to rural areas.
*help dyslexic and other learning disabled students succeed by training tutors to provide specialized support.
*help reduce the high school drop out rate by helping children become proficient readers and acquire foundational math skilsl in the primary years.
1. Free one on one tutoring services for area children in reading and math.
2. Free one on one specialized multi sensory tutoring services for children with learning disabilities in reading and math.
3. Collaboration with Embudo Valley Library to provide and afterschool enrichment program to the children of the Embudo Valley.
4. Free one on one summer tutoring to area children to prevent summer slide.
1. Training for tutors in Sounds in Syllables program at the Multisensory Language Institute of New Mexico.
2. Intermediate level training for tutors to support learning disabled students at through the Special Education Department at Anansi Charter School, El Prado NM.