Main Areas of Responsibility:
Reporting to the CFO, the Finance Manager is responsible for the overall day-to-day finance and accounting functions of a $20M organization including the timely and accurate preparation of financial reports, working closely with the Revenue Manager to ensure compliance with funding contracts, and leading one associate processing payroll and benefits. This position will participate in financial analysis, creation and oversight over annual budgets and forecasting, and the annual audit process.
Additional Areas of Responsibility:
• Oversee and perform day-to-day accounting functions including Payroll, Accounts Payable, Account reconciliations, general ledger, monthly closing process, budgets and reporting schedules, cash management, fixed asset ledger and depreciation schedules.
• Oversee payroll, payroll liabilities, and benefits including PTO accrual and retirement plans. Create and maintain excellent financial controls, policies, and procedures.
• Prepare timely and accurate monthly/quarterly/annual financial statements.
• Minimum bachelor’s degree in business, Management, Accounting, or Finance
• 5+ years of accounting experience with demonstrated success managing the day-to-day finance/accounting function in a growing nonprofit; experience within Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHC), and/or with Medicaid and Medicare billing/private insurance a plus.
• In the case of a recovering person, they must have successfully maintained a two (2) year period of abstinence from alcohol and drugs.