Main Areas of Responsibility:
Residential Camp Counselors provide direct supervision and live a small group of young people in a residential camp setting. Lead campers through daily activities with a primary focus on safety. Work with the larger team to accomplish the goals of Camp Shaver: accomplishment, belonging and character development.
Additional Areas of Responsibility:
•Maintains constant surveillance of campers and always ensures their safety.
•Plans and implements program activities.
•Maintains positive relationships with members, participants, families and other staff.
•Must be a positive role model for campers and staff and have a desire to mentor youth
•Possess good judgment and decision-making skills.
•Attends and participates in all staff meetings and trainings.
• Minimum age requirement of 18.
• CPR, First Aid, and AED certifications required; will be provided training if candidate does not have current certification.
• Wilderness First Aid Certification preferred.
• Previous experience working with children and staff in a camp setting preferred.
• Previous experience working with diverse populations preferred.