Main Areas of Responsibility:
The Client Advocate provides comprehensive case management for adult, adolescent, and child survivors of domestic violence (DV) and their families—to help improve their quality of life and shape an affirming space in which they feel self-empowered to address and process their DV situation. The Client Advocate serves a crucial role for DV survivors as they work to heal from and/or move beyond their DV situation by supporting the achievement of their self-directed service plan goals.
Additional Areas of Responsibility:
Identify and provide emergency client crisis services as necessary and make immediate referrals
• Review client intakes and maintain client list/portfolio;
• Facilitate client access to community resources, including locating emergency shelter, housing, food, clothing, school programs, vocational and educational opportunities, and relevant mental health services;
• Conduct risk score assessments with potential Pathways clients and enroll clients in the Pathways program;
• Identify and enroll potential
Associate’s degree, or equivalent coursework related to the field describe in the job description, and a minimum of one (1) year of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities above; OR
• A high school diploma or equivalency with three years’ worth of work experience, at least two of which are directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified above; AND
• Bilingual (English-Spanish), written and verbal required.