Main Areas of Responsibility:
New Mexico Legal Aid (NMLA) provides civil legal services to low-income New Mexicans for a variety of legal issues including domestic violence/family law, consumer protection, housing, Tax and benefits. NMLA has locations throughout the state.
Additional Areas of Responsibility:
The duties of the Housing Stability and Veteran’s Project Paralegal will be to:
• Process intakes
• Draft pleadings
• Contact clients
• Support attorneys in preparation for court
• Send referrals to other support service agencies
• Engage in outreach
• Arrange and assist with legal clinics
We seek highly motivated candidates who are passionate about justice and strongly committed to helping NMLA to better serve our client communities
• Have at least three years' experience as a Paralegal.
• Be compassionate, patient, determined and resilient. Handling veterans’ cases can be especially challenging. Veterans historically are a vulnerable and disenfranchised group with unmet legal needs. In addition, administrative proceedings with the VA can be especially slow and tedious.
• Be able to travel regularly throughout the State.
Pay is dependent experience. For information about NMLA's generous benefits, salary scales and what it is like to work at NML A click here.