Main Areas of Responsibility:
The Collections Manager oversees the preservation, protection, and physical care of the collection. Plans and implements collection care-related programs and activities. Performs regular research. Updates the Collections Management System. Research collection insurance. Researches, writes, and implement collection-related grants. Assists with installations and deinstallations.
Additional Areas of Responsibility:
• Oversees, maintains, and updates online database and hard copy records
• Researches, writes, implements Collection grants.
• Researches the Collection; provide written updates to archives, Newsletters, etc.
• Prepares Collections Budget
• Responsible for annual inventory.
• Manages/assists with Collections related programs
BS degree in a related field, plus 2+ years of related experience.
• Master or Ph.D. in a related field (preferred).
• Experience in art handling.
• Registrar and archival experience.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and database entry.
• demeanor externally to visitors, the community, and internally to staff, and board directors.
• Knows and follows relevant OSHA standards.
• Valid NM Drivers' License and Insurance.
Non exempt | Rate: $21/hr | Salary range: $25-28,000